Who said kebabs have to be unhealthy? These honey chicken kebabs will make you the belle of the ball.
These chicken kebabs are not only healthy but also melt in mouth! Try it yourself.
- 200g chicken breast, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 carrots, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 small onions, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fry Light olive oil
• Wooden BBQ skewers
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kebabs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions, peppers and carrots in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (the longer the better).
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, then discard remaining marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately on the wood skewers.
- Lightly spray the grill gate with Fry Light olive oil. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently. The kebabs can also be cooked in the oven.
Vualá! Your your delicious honey chicken kebabs are ready!
You can marinate overnight and make these kebabs for an outdoor barbecue as a tasty alternative to the usual barbecue fare!
Note that the nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.