Who said kebabs have to be unhealthy? These honey chicken kebabs will make you the belle of the ball.
• 200g chicken breast, cut into 3cm cubes
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• 2 small onions, cut into 5cm pieces
• 2 red bell peppers, cut into 5cm pieces
• 2 carrots, cut into 5cm pieces
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Fry Light olive oil
• Wooden BBQ skewers
1. In a bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kebabs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions, peppers and carrots in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (the longer the better).
2. Preheat the grill for high heat.
3. Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, then discard remaining marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately on the wood skewers.
4. Lightly spray the grill gate with Fry Light olive oil. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently. The kebabs can also be cooked in the oven.