21st April 2022 - by Indre Daukintyte
Overeating affects your ability to control your eating habits. You may consume excessive amounts of food even when you are not hungry.
These characteristics may include:
- Eating even when not hungry;
- Constantly returning to “pick” at food throughout the day, even when not hungry;
- Feeling guilty about eating too much;
- Generally eating alone due to embarrassment overeating habits;
- Anxiety about overweight and body image.
Studies have found that foods, particularly high-fat foods, affect the areas of your brain associated with pleasure. These biological triggers can then cause you to associate food with pleasure. Over time, your brain develops a tolerance to the food causing you to increase the amount of food that you consume in order to achieve the same pleasure from eating.
Overeating can lead to unwanted weight gain, and carrying excess weight can increase your cancer risk. But it’s not just about the unwanted calories. Overeating affects your body in a variety of ways.
Overeating can make you feel:
What are some ways to stop overeating?
- Avoid processed foods;
- Fill up on fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Eat slowly and put your fork down between bites;
- Drink water before, during and after meals;
- Keep a food journal to help you notice any positive or negative habits;
- Avoid distractions when you eat, such as watching TV;
- Eat from a small plate;
- Pay attention to your portion sizes;
- Plan your meals ahead.
Food is the key:
Some foods are better as they make you really full, not fill you with processed calories. low-fat foods and natural vegetables are key factor in managing food consumption. A well-balanced Marion Mizzi slimming diet can help to overcome overeating, making life easier.
Foods that help prevent overeating include:
- Barley, Potato and Cauliflower Soup (The weight loss guide) P.160
- African Couscous (The weight loss guide) P.172
- Mixed Omelette: tomato, onion, mushroom(The weight loss guide) P.188
- Fruit salad (The weight loss guide) P.206
- Vegetable Stock (The weight loss guide) P.38
Share it with your friends! :)
Leave a Reply